Monday, October 3, 2016

Update: 2016 Hiking Goals

An update at the end of the third quarter.

1.  Take 52 hikes.  
43/52 hikes.  I need to do at least 3 hikes per month for the rest of the year.

2.  Hike for 250 miles.
161.27/250 miles.  This one has me a little nervous.  I only have 9 hikes to do, but have almost 90 miles.  I do not tend to do 10 mile hikes.  I am lucky if I do 5 miles.  Assuming I do 5 miles/hike, I have 18 hikes to do in the next 12 weeks.

3.  Hike at least 25 miles of the Tunxis Trail
31.37/25 miles.  This goal has been completed. 

4.  Visit Bash Bish Falls (Massachusetts)

5.  Hike Mount Monadnock (New Hampshire)

6.  Visit a "new-to-me" state park or forest in Massachusetts (Bash Bish does not count).
Hiked the D.A.R. State Forest in Goshen, MA on April 23.

7.  Hike on the Appalachian Trail
Completed on July 20.  Hike #38 - Lion's Head in Salisbury, CT.

I feel like I am up against the wall a bit with Bash Bish and Mt. Monadnock.  I had hoped to visit Bash Bish in combination with climbing Alander, but I might just have to do the falls and put Alander on next year's list.

Summer is not my favorite time to hike - too humid and too buggy.   I think Fall may be the best time to hike, so I hope I can make up some ground.

2 comments:

  1. If you have anything left at Christmastime (and time to do it) count me in as your hiking partner.

    ReplyDelete