Wednesday, June 7, 2017

2017 Hike #18: Tulmeadow Farm to Ethel Walker Woods - Simsbury, CT

Date Hiked: Saturday, May 20, 2017
Estimated distance:  5.84 miles
Weather: 60°F, partly cloudy
Resources: Simsbury Land Trust, Tulmeadow Farm Trail Map, Ethel Walker Woods Trail Map
Highlights of the trip:  hiking with a nice group
Progress toward 2017 Outdoor Goals:  18/52 hikes; 61.78/250 miles hiked

I am way behind in my posting, so I'll keep words to a minimum.

My hiking partner and I joined Simsbury Land Trust for their May Hiking Club Hike at Tulmeadow Farm.  We hiked through Tulmeadow and its woodlot, over to Town Forest Road, and into Ethel Walker Woods.  We had a good hike with a nice group of people.  I look forward to hiking with them again in the future.


Tulmeadow Farm

I love this tree as you enter the Ethel Walker property.

Some kind of azalea.

Lady's-slipper.

I'm thinking Hemlock varnish shelf.

Fringed polygala (Gaywings), I also heard someone refer to them as Bird-on-the-wing.

Town Forest Park

Tulmeadow woodlot.


Looking across Tulmeadow Farm to West Mountain Highlands.



No comments:

Post a Comment