Monday, January 14, 2019

Northwest Park - Windsor, CT

Date Hiked: Sunday, January 6, 2019
Estimated distance:  4.11 miles
Weather: 37°F, cloudy with a few sprinkles
Resources: Northwest Park
Highlights of the trip:  fun group of people


I led a small group of people from the Take a Hike! Farmington Valley facebook group on a hike around some of the trails at Northwest Park - one of my go-to places when I am looking for something relatively easy.  This park has a wonderful trail system.  It is generally well marked, though I find I can get a little screwed up when multiple woods roads, that are not marked, come together.





Beaver lodge on far side.


The water level everywhere else is relatively high, but here at the reservoir, it is low.  They must be releasing water from the dam.



Skies starting to clear after we had a few sprinkles.






No comments:

Post a Comment