Monday, December 26, 2016

Hike #55: McLean Game Refuge, Granby

Date Hiked: Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Estimated distance:  4.6 miles
Weather: 39°F, sunny
Resources: McLean Game Refuge, Map
Highlights of the trip:  snow scenes
Progress toward 2016 hiking goals:  55/52 hikes; 218.25/250 miles; 31.37/25 miles on Tunxis Trail




Today I entered the Refuge from Canton Road and went down the hill to Spring Pond.  It had snowed Sunday and there was still an inch or so on the ground.  It made the hike a little bit like walking on a sandy beach, but it also made things more picturesque.








 From Spring Pond I hiked up the hill and around the field to Kettle Pond then took the woods road east until I came to the North Trail and followed that to the woods road that took me over to Trout Pond.  I walked back along the woods road between Trout and Spring Ponds.  Very pretty.  Not too many tracks in the snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment